Among the flagship events of the Circuit Paul Ricard du Castellet is the French F1 Grand Prix.
A particular circuit
Developing 5,8 km, the route of the Paul Ricard circuit is one of the longest on the calendar. As at Spa-Francorchamps or Silverstone, this above-average length is a pledge of variety, fun and spectacle for pilots and fans alike.
The layout has been designed to optimize the race as well as possible. Thus, in collaboration with the FIA and the FOM, the circuit has been adapted for Formula 1, to make it a technical and sporting setting in which the pilots can express themselves. All without obviously distorting the original character of the circuit.
These adjustments were notably presented to internationally renowned pilots such as Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso or Kimi Räikkönen, who are all excited at the prospect of riding the Paul Ricard Circuit.
The Formula 1 French Grand Prix usually takes place over 3 days:
- Friday and Saturday: free practice and qualifying;
- On Sunday : F1 French Grand Prix race.
In parallel with the race, many surprises are planned each year, for example:
- Exhibitions : cinema cars, drivers who marked the F1 GP, showcase …;
- Interactive animations : quiz, treasure hunt…;
- Traveling events : Street magic, Batucade;
- Around Formula 1 : simulators, cinema;
- terraces : wine tasting and visit of a vineyard in virtual reality;
- Aerial entertainment : with a highlight of the show during the opening ceremony of the Grand Prix.
Historic Grand Prix 2023
The Kennol Historic French Grand Prix, the fifth of the name, will welcome you at the opening of the season, during the Easter weekend, from April 7 to 9, 2023.
If you want to admire the single-seaters that made F1's golden age, this weekend is yours! IThere will again be some very nice machines with the old F1s, but also those from the early 2000s. This is an opportunity not to be missed to see F1 racing in France in 2023.
In the program :
- F1 of the 90s & 2000s
- F1 & F2: Legends of the 70s & 80s
- FIA Historic F3 European Cup Pre 85
- Formula Ford Pre 93
- Lotus Trophy
- 6-hour endurance race reserved for GT, Tourism and Sport Prototypes